Mac and cheese is a cherished comfort food that is enjoyed by people of any ages. It’s creamy, tacky, and just scrumptious. But what happens if we placed a twist on this traditional dish by making it with rice instead of pasta? This rice mac and cheese dish is a fascinating variation that makes sure to please your palate. Allow’s dive in and discover just how to make this mouthwatering dish.
2 mugs prepared rice (white or brownish)
2 mugs shredded cheddar cheese
1 mug milk
2 tbsps butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pan, thaw the butter over medium warmth. Once melted, mix in the flour and chef for 1 min until the mixture transforms slightly golden.
2. Slowly gather the milk while blending continually to avoid lumps. Cook for 2-3 mins up until the mix thickens.
3. Include the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well to incorporate.
4. Reduce the heat to reduced and progressively include the shredded cheddar cheese, stirring up until melted and smooth.
5. Include the prepared rice to celebrity sauce and mix up until well coated. Cook for an extra 2-3 minutes to allow the tastes to combine with each other.
6. Get rid of from warm and let it rest for a few mins to enlarge prior to offering.
This rice mac and cheese can be acted as a main course or as a delicious side. It sets well with a crisp environment-friendly salad or some baked veggies. Feel free to obtain creative and include some prepared bacon, diced tomatoes, or sliced spinach for extra flavor and nutrition.
So, the following time you’re craving mac and cheese, give this rice version a try. It’s a delightful twist on a traditional fave that will certainly end up being a brand-new household fave. Appreciate!